Located in Chittenden, VT our 4-season luxury resort is preparing for the busy summer and fall seasons. As a result, we are looking to hire key team members, full and part-time, year-round and seasonal – resort-wide. If you are experienced in one of the areas below, and are a motivated team player who enjoys interacting with the world’s best guests – we would love to meet you! Give us a call or send us an email (please put the name of the role(s) you are interested in as the subject header if emailing). If you do not see a related position below, but are experienced in or have a passion for the resort industry, we encourage you to send your resume and note your areas of interest. If something becomes available, we will let you know. Please continue to check this page for updated positions.
Please note: In addition to job requirements listed here, there are Covid-19 related resort requirements for guest & team safety that are required of each team member.
– Activities (Coordinator, Equestrian Team (Stables Supervisor, Barn Helper, Trail Guide))
– Event Coordinator
– Event Set-up
– Floral Designer
– Front Desk (Reservations, Audit, Guest Services)
– Food & Beverage (Line Cooks, Pantry Cook/Garde Manger, Bartenders (Banquets/Restaurant), Barbacks, Servers (Banquet/Breakfast/Lunch), Breakfast Host, Bussers (AM/PM)
– Maintenance (Facilities, Grounds)
– Spa (Licensed Massage Therapists, Spa Attendant)
Via email, if not indicated otherwise, please send resumes to: email@example.com
Via mail please send resumes to:
Mountain Top Inn & Resort ATTN: Human Resources
RE: (Position You Are Applying For)
195 Mountain Top Rd
Chittenden, VT 05737
Compensation for each position is competitive and commensurate with applicant’s experience.
This is a seasonal summer full-time position. Our Activities Coordinator organizes the activities offered by the resort for guests. This is a guest-facing position and requires excellent customer service & communications skills – as well as organizational and specialized activities skills.
– Operation of clay bird shooting program (including safe handling of firearms, conducting of clay bird lessons, stocking of equipment)
– Operation of pontoon boat on reservoir (boater’s certificate (depending on age) , driving of resort pontoon boat for scenic lake tours)
– Operation of waterfront activities (including grounds upkeep, maintenance & management of boating equipment (kayaks, canoes, paddle boards), life preservers, opening and closing of beach road)
– In-ground pool area upkeep, maintenance & upkeep of lawn games, special projects as necessary.
This position reports to our Stables Manager. The Barn Helper supports the daily trail and lessons operations for our equestrian program. The position helps to ensure safe and proper operations of our trail rides, lessons, car of horses, equipment and barn facilities. A successful candidate for this position has some experience with care of horses and a passion for horses and the outdoors. Lifting of heavy objects will be necessary at times.
– Gathering horses for each day’s riding schedule
– Feed horses and attend to medication needs as instructed by Stables Manager
– Gather horses for each day’s riding schedule
– Tack horses for rides as appropriate / proper cleaning, maintenance and storage of tack and all equipment related to care of horses and stables
– Assist with mounting & dismounting of guests for rides
– Cleaning & maintaining water buckets, troughs, hay racks, feed buckets and placing hay in pastures as needed.
– Cleaning stalls, tack room and barns as needed
– Manure removal in public areas
– Return horses to appropriate pastures at end of each day
No experience necessary for this role. Our team of experts will supply the industry’s best training. This is a guest facing position and candidates must have exceptional customer service skills and be a team player.
– Setting up events spaces, china & flatware (polishing)
– Break down event space, including re-setting furniture, sweeping & mopping
– Attending to all guest needs: water, clearing, taking food orders
– Running food to tables & passing of appetizers
– Clearing all glassware/china
– Night & weekend shifts and must be available through the fall season
BARTENDERS (FOR EVENTS & RESTAURANT/TAVERN)
We are hiring outgoing individuals with great customer service skills for full and part-time positions in both our main restaurant/tavern and our events. Qualified candidates have excellent knowledge of a wide variety of drink recipes/preparation (mixing, garnishing & serving drinks), proper training on checking ID/VT state age requirments. a positive attitude and clear communications skills.
– Greeting customers, taking orders, attending to customer needs, presenting bills and processing payment
– Preparing alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks
– Stocking and cleaning the bar/tavern area and glassware
– Ability to keep bar organized, stocked and clean
– Setting up and breaking down bars for events
– Counting cash and closing end of night shifts
– Night & weekend shifts (reliable transportation a must)
This is a busy job requiring an energetic person. This role involves late night shifts and weekends. The Barback works closely with the bartenders to ensure proper inventory levels. This role includes bar set-up and breakdown for events, including moving of heavy items and furniture. Barbacks will assist with event product inventory (in & out) and clearing, restocking glassware. Candidates must be 18 years or older to fulfill this role.
We are looking for an energetic morning person who has great customer service skills. Experience is not necessary, we will train the right candidate for this full or part-time role.
– Greeting all guests as they enter and exit the dining areas, ushering them to their table, presenting each guest with a menu and water. Bus anything necessary.
– Assigning reservations to table layout prior to service
– Answering phones and completion of end of shift duties
– Assisting waitstaff if necessary
– Weekend and holiday shifts
This role is part-time, nights and weekends. No experience is necessary, our team of professionals will offer training.
– Prepping dining room for service (candles, wiping tables, stocking, cleaning windows, polishing china/silverware/glassware, etc.)
– Water for all guests as they are seated
– Clearing dishes from tables, resetting tables upon guest departure
– Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming as necessary and at shift end
Full-time year-round, and seasonal (Mid-May through October) positions available. Join our culinary team in preparing delicious menu items for our restaurant/tavern and event guests. Candidates must have proven cooking experience; excellent understanding of various cooking methods/ingredients/equipment and procedures; Accuracy, speed and excellent time management in execution; exhibit proven organizational skills; have a familiarity with the industry’s best practices; reliable transportation and daily reliability; clear communication skills and a team work ethic (maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers). This position reports to our Food & Beverage Manager.
– Preparing food for the line; ensure consistency in food quality
– Assist with inventory stocking for daily service; have a complete comprehension of food storage/safety standards
– Clean-up station and take care of left-over food
– Cook items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
– Possess a creative eye for food presentation
– Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
– Weekend and holiday shifts
We offer the only resort-based full equestrian program in Vermont. Our Stables Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the stables and related activities offered to guests. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience with horses and previous supervisory experience. Our Stables Supervisor recruits, hires, trains and manages staff for trail rides and lessons; selects and monitors leased horses for equestrian program operations; must exhibit strong riding ability, knowledge of horses and their care and ability to manage a team. Ideal candidates have excellent communications skills and a team oriented mindset.
– Ordering & maintaining appropriate inventories of feed and supplies
– Scheduling of farrier and veterinary services for horses
– Monitor hours of use for each horse to ensure proper health and availability
– Supervise team in regard to maintenance and upkeep of tack, equipment for daily operations, stables facilities (including barns, paddocks, pastures), interact with other resort teams to communicate availability of equestrian programs
– special projects
Our Trail Guides lead resort guests on daily rides on and around resort property. This is a guest-facing role and requires a positive attitude and proven customer service skills. A strong riding ability is a must – 5 years minimum riding experience preferred.
– Providing a safe and enjoyable riding experience for guests
– Safe & proper care of horses / reporting any concerns to stables supervisor immediately
– An understanding of the resort and it’s overall offering to provide information to guests
– Gather horses needed for each day’s riding schedule
– Feed and/or medicate horses as requested by Stables Supervisor
– Groom horses, tack horses, assist with guest mounting/dismounting, cleaning/maintaining water & feed buckets, troughs, hay racks, placing hay in pastures, proper use, maintenance, cleaning and storage of tack, mucking stalls, cleaning tack rooms and barns, removal of manure from public areas, cleaning and maintaining of all daily equipment.
– Returning horses to pastures at days’ end
– special projects
‘DAY OF’ EVENT COORDINATOR
Our Event Coordinator Team is the key contact for our wedding & corporate event based clients. The ‘Day of’ Coordinator works closely with our Lead Event Coordinators to be well-versed in the ‘day of’ executional details of each event – taking the lead role on the event date itself. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
– Meet & consult with event guest (e.g. wedding couple) upon arrival, make introductions, ensure that all arrangements are agreeable and address any questions the client may have.
– Be accessible and prepared on function days to ensure that guests needs are met and exceeded. Be available and ready for all resort staff members to answer any questions.
– Lead guests through rehearsal of ceremony (or other appropriate event related walk-throughs), as well as guide the ceremony itself to ensure participants are prepared and the event is executed flawlessly.
– Lead guests from one event site to the next with smooth, timely transitions. Communicate with resort staff to ensure each department is knowledgeable regarding all event details.
Our event set-up team works closely with our Floral, F&B and Facilities teams to execute the space design for each (wedding or corporate) event. Set-up locations include our wedding knoll, Terrace, Beach & Beach Pavilion, Pool Area, Event Barn and Guest Houses. This position will require a valid driver’s license (with clean record) lifting of objects and use of ladders. Event set-up team assists with the cleaning and re-setting of spaces upon completion of the event.
Our Floral Design team works exclusively on projects (year-round) for Resort Weddings/Events & Guests utilizing floral and rental decor to achieve the desired goal.
– Working with a small floral team, resort staff and our clients to conceptualize and bring to life the Clients’ floral & decor vision for each event.
– Sourcing & purchasing of floral and decor items . Pricing of finished product to clients and invoicing as necessary. Floral & rental stock inventory management.
– Create original designs. Knowledge of and ability to work with a wide range of flowers and foliage, including unpacking and successful storage.
– Removal of used decor and floral arrangements, appropriate re-stocking of rental items or disposal of refuse.
– Fill special orders for holidays at the resort and resort guests (including delivery of product).
Our front-line for guests at all points of their Mountain Top relationship. Front desk agents will be required to be knowledgeable regarding all facets of the resort. This role requires an upbeat nature and excellent customer service and communication skills. Organization and timely response is critical.
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Answering & directing phone calls
– Entering reservations into system
– Greet & register guests
– Close out guest accounts upon completion of stay
– valid driver’s license with clean record
– Weekend, night and holiday shifts
Front desk qualifications include High School diploma/GED, 1+ year front desk / customer service experience (hospitality industry a plus), excellent verbal and written communications.
This critical role is the ‘go-to’ for guests and internal resort teams. Successful candidates will show an ability to quickly gain in-depth knowledge of the resort as whole. This role is guest-facing and requires excellent customer service skills. This role interacts with all departments at the resort and requires a team-minded approach. In addition to guest assistance, this role also assists with a variety of resort functions including:
– assistance with luggage
– shuttle van driving
– light maintenance (such as in-room guest concerns (lightbulbs, remote controls, found personal items, portable appliance delivery/removal, etc.), filling resort vehicle gas tanks, cleaning of resort vehicles, picking up supplies, clearing walkways, etc.
– A valid driver’s license, with a clean record, is required.
– Weekend, holidays and night shifts will be required.
Our housekeeping team is critical to our resort operations year-round. Areas of responsibility within the resort for housekeeping services include public spaces, guest rooms, guest cabins and guest houses.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
– cleaning & organizing rooms and houses in a quick and effective manner.
– replacing room amenities and linens. Removing refuse, dusting and polishing woodwork, furniture, cleaning windows, vacuuming rugs/carpets and cleaning bathrooms.
– reporting maintenance issues, safety hazards and found guest belongings to the appropriate department.
– housekeepers will need to lift up to 25 pounds and may need to address guest service needs.
– as this is a guest-facing role at times, a positive attitude and great work ethic are critical for success.
– housekeepers are required to follow all company policies.
Members of the Facilities Maintenance team are responsible for the overall upkeep of resort owned buildings (as well as privately owned guest houses rented to resort guests). Successful candidates possess an eye for detail and some previous experience with facilities maintenance. Lifting of heavy objects will be necessary at times.
– Safe & proper operation (including cleaning & storing, pre and post operation checks) of equipment and tools necessary to perform job duties
– Identify, assess and escalate if necessary any issues with buildings
– Conduct minor repairs – this may include light plumbing, heating, electrical and infrastructure repairs as allowed by Vermont State building codes
– Work with subcontractors to repair issues as necessary
– Field requests from front desk/maintenance slips regarding maintenance needs (and report updates)
– Upkeep of pool & hot tubs
– Special projects
Members of the Grounds Team are responsible for grounds upkeep of resort property (as well as privately owned guest houses rented to resort guests). Ideal candidates have some previous experience with mowing equipment. Role will require a good eye for detail, good eye-hand coordination and heavy lifting.
– Safe & proper operation (including cleaning & storing, pre & post operation checks) of equipment and tools necessary to perform job duties
– Mowing/weed removal (and removal of debris)
– Planting of annuals and perennial flower bed maintenance (including watering, pruning, mulching)
– Upkeep of public areas (e.g. parking lots, pool, patios, tennis court, lawn game areas and lakefront)
– Trail work including brush/tree/debris removal, grading, ditch work
– Special projects
We are looking for experienced/licensed Massage Therapists, with great customer service skills, and proven commitment to quality service to join our Spa & Salon Team. Seasonal or year-round hours & scheduling are flexible, and compensation is highly competitive.
– Preparation of products and space for individual massage sessions
– Maintenance and cleaning of massage therapy rooms before and after sessions
– Client consultation (including desired result and client medical history) and evaluation to identify the appropriate treatment, techniques and products for each therapy session
– Proven ability to deliver best in class techniques to massage and knead muscles & soft tissue in order to provide treatment for medical needs and wellness maintenance
– Knowledge of a variety of therapies and products
– Ability to perform massage therapy on diverse clients
Our Spa Attendant assists in the day-to-day operations of our spa & salon and requires a team member with proven customer service skills, a passion for wellness and Client interaction and an upbeat personality.
– Perform receptionist duties – Greeting guests, answering phones, checking and responding to messages and email
– Scheduling appointments (client and practitioners)
– Daily opening and closing of Spa & Salon
– Forwarding of guest charges to front desk team (and daily closing of accounts)
– Assisting practitioners and housekeeping to ensure a safe & sanitary environment
– Inventory management (including products, towels, linens, etc.)
– Addressing additional guest needs such as water, robes, towels, assisting with food/drink orders, etc.
– Working in conjunction with Wedding Coordinators to arrange Bridal Salon services